Friday, September 01, 2006

Girl with a one-track mind - I salute you!

Love her or hate her – Abby Lee / Zoe Margolis has probably changed the way women view their own sexuality, and that of other women with her blog Girl with a one-track mind.

I don’t think there’s ever really been such an open, shameless and wildly amusing recollection of thoughts, fantasies and sexual encounters. Sure, you can read “How to really please your man” or “Best BJ tips, ever!” in most of the glossy mags, but none of them really get to venture into the thoughts of a single woman, who, like all of us, has shitty days at work, gets happy, gets sad, sometimes insecure, and well….sometimes horny.

While most of us would probably cross our legs quickly and pretend that the glow on our cheeks is from bad central air, Margolis simply embraces it without shame and literally takes matters into her own hands. Problem solved.

Rejected by a man? While most of us would immediately start psychoanalyzing ourselves (what is wrong with me? why doesn’t he like me? am I bad in bed? is it my fat thighs?), Margolis is comfortable enough with herself and her sexuality to understand that the problem doesn’t lie with her. And if he says it does – screw him.

There are bigger and better pork sausages in the butchery.

There’s a lesson to be learnt there. Although I almost find myself cringing while reading some parts of her sexually explicit entries, I also find myself laughing out loud and best of all – identifying with a lot of what she has the guts to say.

Zoe – I salute you.

Read her blog

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lady M,

Just saw a link to your excellent blog. I agree that Abby Lee has opened up a "pandora's box" of enlightenment which should be applauded. But from a male perspective, her alta ego exposed, I expect over time she will regain that mystery allure that cloaks all of us & keeps blogging her fiendish thoughts. Ps I do recommend Salsa its more sexual than you think. Spyx

6:20 AM  
Blogger Lady_Marmalade said...

Hi Britishspy, thanks for the kind words. Would love to share in your thoughts too, pls send me a link!
Keep in touch
Lady M.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home