Monday, August 28, 2006

Nobody puts Lady in the corner. It's Dirty Dancing!

I decided to take some steps to learning how to dance properly.

No, I’m not talking about the jump-on-the-bar-counter-after-too-many-margueritas type dancing. (we’re all astonishingly good dancers once on that barcounter – at least you think so until the next morning!).

I’m talking about proper dancing like the Salsa or Merengue – like Baby learned to do in record time with a (then) sexy Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing.

If Baby can do it, so can I!

Stumbling block 1: This is an obvious one. I have no partner to dance with. The best I can come up with is a 4-year-old whose favorite pastime is picking her nose and drawing big, fat blobs and calling them “mommy”.

Stumbling block 2: The fact that I’m taking an online tutorial on how to dance. Yes, I know. It boggles the mind. It really doesn’t work so well when you have to run back and forth between your pc and the hallway to try out the steps.

Stumbling block 3: You look and feel like a total loon while you’re counting out loud, trying to remember the steps, suck in your tummy, keep you arms up around your pretend partner and swing your hips seductively.

All-in-all not a very successful exercise. Learning how to dance online is not the best idea.
I think I’ll stick to the bar counter variety. It’s a lot more fun – well, at least until the next morning…

learn to dance online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home