Monday, November 06, 2006

Rediscovering Christmas through a child’s eyes…

Christmas is not a great time for a lot of people. I used to love Christmas. Being too excited to sleep the night before, rushing down to open presents the next morning, the smells, the lights, the big old Christmas tree – there was nothing quite like it.

But somewhere between a bitter divorce, raising B on my own and everything else that brought along, I lost the ability to feel the magic. Christmas became just another expense – just another item to charge to already-overdrawn credit cards.

So I’ve been dreading the “Festive Season” and the inevitable gloom that descends upon singletons. No-one to love, no-one to love me, no-one to wake me Christmas morning with breakfast in bed and a special, personal gift, no-one to appreciate my special-recipe eggnog and snuggle up to afterwards.

Just. No. One.

Bring on the booze...

So although Christmas is still 7 weeks away, I’ve vowed to make this year different. I’m going to rediscover Christmas through a child’s eyes. My child’s eyes. I’m going to make it the most magical, amazing, super-fantastic holiday she’s ever had.

And in that way I’m going to reclaim the miracle that is Christmas. By making it such a special day for such a special person in my life. Someone who deserves having the best Christmas with the best presents and the best mommy.

Ho ho ho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home