Tuesday, February 27, 2007

NETeller Lawsuits Imminent

An effort to gather the necessary resources for a class action lawsuit against third party payment processor is now gaining steam, and not just from US citizens.

One powerful website whose members abroad readily used NETeller and still do to this day, has expressed concern over what they see as a "monumental debacle" on NETeller's part with their current active customers outside the States.

Requesting anonymity, this website's Executive Vice President told Gambling911.com Tuesday evening:

"We are hearing more and more from non-US customers who are very unhappy with NETELLER and are considering legal action (including possible criminal and regulatory charges) against NETELLER, primarily due to the practice of charging customers a 1.9% “fee” to convert their prior US Dollar accounts to Euro accounts.

"In addition, these customers are also being forced to take the risk of currency fluctuations. I have now heard from several of our users (again, all outside of the US) who had US Dollar accounts with NETELLER; now, when they try to withdraw their funds from NETELLER, they are being charged 1.9% of their balance AND are taking the risk that the Euro is stronger than the US Dollar."

Meanwhile, customers of NETeller are beginning to rally.
"The article you wrote (appearing on Gambling911.com) "Does Youteller = Netller" was awesome," said one gambler affected by the NETeller debacle. "I also joined the Yahoo group that you linked to in the article. I have gone around and posted my intentions (to take legal action against NETeller and its Directors) in some forums with my Yahoo e-mail address and have received several responses from individuals who are interested in pursuing this lawsuit.

"The interest is about 15 individuals and deposits totaling 60-75K. Of course it has only been a couple of days. I also am waiting to hear form a guy with (over $100,000 in NETeller) on deposit.

This individual's goal is to get 50 people willing to move with $250,000 to $500,000 to start.

"I think once the complaint was filed all hell would break loose and the class could then open up and balloon to who knows how many members. I think I can do this easily."

Members of the newly created NETeller Sucks Yahoo News Group have been discussing the prospect of lawsuits.

"I agree 100% with your post. I am not accepting "US Gov't" excuse
because it's bull****," said one member. "When they say that they "hold your money in trust" that means our money is just that IN TRUST and safe. It doesn't mean they decide when they get to give it back to you or do what they want with it. It's time to take action and if something is not done before the end of March I will pursue my own personal lawsuit. My
lawyer who sent them a letter told me to call him if I decide that I
want to sue. I will be making that call as a last resort if nothing is
done."

NETeller.com executives have been sent a series of questions from Gambling911.com (as per their request) and we are yet to receive answers despite resending these questions three times.

Gambling911

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home